RE: [oletrucks] well i got it

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] well i got it
From: "Dave" <kruc@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:25:04 -0700
I had wanted to keep my cab as original looking as possible when I had IFS
and power steering installed in my TF. I emailed 'ididit' and they said they
could machine an adaptor for $75 to let me use the original 18" wheel and
horn button with their column. The shop that welded in the IFS said the
original wheel was heavy and unnecessary, as it was designed to transmit a
lot of torque to the steering column. With power steering it would be a
hindrance, moving a lot of mass around when it didn't need to be. I went
with a LeCarra Mark 10 wheel and a big moon horn button. The Mark 10 is
smaller and lighter and  looks like it belongs in a '50s vehicle. The steel
'ididit' column is larger in diameter, 2.250" vice 1.750. We made a new dash
hanger out of sheet metal identical to the original and welded the bottom of
the column thru a hole in a 4.5" x 9" piece of sheet metal that we bolted to
the floor. Aftermarket dash hangers and toeboard clamps are available
machined out of aluminum, but if you weld the column make sure the levers
(shift, turn, tilt) are level.
http://www.lecarra.com/mk10.shtml  The Mark 10 is 15" diameter with no dish,
I have it bolted to

a black adapter 3.5" tall.