Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck overheating problem

To: "mark treutelaar" <phoneman@ticon.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck overheating problem
From: "bgibson" <bgibson@mcc4u.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:53:39 -0800
Sounds like you have the same problem I had with my 235, Found out it was
the wrong sending unit. I bought 3, one from Chevy Duty, one from ABC, one
from Auto Zone, Heavy  Chevy gave me the NAPA number but I didn't buy it
because it looked and had the same number on as the three that I had
already. I changed the dash unit out with 3 different ones still no work???
I started heating them up in a pan of water with a temp gauge in it and put
a ohm meter on the sending unit and found when the heat reach a certain
temp, the ohm meter would peg out???

Finally I looked in an old parts bin and there was one I took out of a old
V8 I had, SO I said what the heck I'll try this one, I tried it and low and
behold the ohm meter worked just like it was supposed to, put it in my 235
and it started working.
but like I said same as you.

Good Luck
HooT58