Re: [[oletrucks] Truck Shop Bumpers]

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [[oletrucks] Truck Shop Bumpers]
From: Scot Stockton <auriclux@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 06:06:14 -0800
The Truck Shop in Orange, CA is fairly close to me and I've been there a few
times.  The bumpers that I've seen there are much thinner than the stock ones
on my '59.  This can be good or bad depending on your intent.

There are sometimes problems with the chroming on some of the bumpers that
they have in the shop, and they have close-out deals on those.  Don't worry,
these are good guys that work at the place, they won't intentionally send out
a bad part, and I'm sure they'd make things right if there's ever a problem.

I bought one of the seconds.  In fact, I chose the one with the chrome easiest
to remove because I want to modify and paint it.  I put this one up on the
brackets it was intended to fit and screwed down two of the four nuts hand
tight.  It looked like it would fit just fine.  I was just playing around as I
don't intend to use my second there.

I had the original painted, and that is now mounted on the front of my truck.

Scot