Re: [oletrucks] Thread dimensions

To: "Mark Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Thread dimensions
From: Bob Fischer <r.fischerjr@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:17:31 -0800
Hi Mark,
I know I said this B4 but you have to be close to get'n that baby goin.

Checked the threads on the original 49 rear, still set'n on the back of the 53
COE, and they're 5/16-24.

I don't recall what rear you're put'n in that truck but you may want to do as I
did and just loop the cables
from the later rear around the clevis, where the threaded portion on the end of
the cable would go and clamp it down
with hardware store garage door hardware.
Adjust the front portion off the pedal to the horizontal bar first of course,
so you'll have max adjustment
later. I've been using this arrangement for over two years and I haven't had to
adjust it yet, nor have I had any problems with
the shade tree engineering :)
Here are a couple shots of the rt side:
<http://home.att.net/~bobspl/pix/49brake.jpg>
<http://home.att.net/~bobspl/pix/Embrake.jpg>

>I'm trying to figure what the thread pitch is on my '55 1st 3100 1/2 ton
>emergency brake clevis.  There is a clevis connected to the bell cranks on
>both ends of the emergency brake cross shaft.  One is just outboard of the
>frame just behind the cab and the other is on the passenger side.  I have both
>clevis's, but the parts that connect it to the emergency cables (and the
>cables themselves) that go to the brake drums are long gone.  It appears that
>there is rust and dirt in the threads.  They are 5/16" but I tried both 24 and
>16 pitch.  The 24 pitch seemed to work best, but only threaded in 4 or 5
>threads, before it stopped.  Before I get the thread chaser out could someone
>tell me the correct pitch, so i don't mess these clevis's up.
>
>Thanks, in advance.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

  http://Bobsplayce.home.att.net   e-mail -->r.fischerjr@att.net