[oletrucks] OxyAcetylene set up

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] OxyAcetylene set up
From: "Scott Tyson" <scott-tyson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:24:58 -0500
I got a question and I hope someone here knows. Yesterday I was at an auction.
A lot of tools and equipment. One of the items in the shop was a Oxyacetylene
cutting torch set up. The tanks were in real good shape and date stamped 4/02.
The auctioneer said there was no way he would auction them off because they
didn't have any tags. He could loose his auctioneer's license. Could someone
explain? He seemed to be most concerned about the oxygen tank. Is it related
to proof of ownership? Can you get used tanks refilled? Should I avoid used
tanks or what tags do they need to make them legal. There's a guy on that
online (E-&%#) auction site selling tanks claiming that as long as the receipt
has the tank number you can get them filled. Who's right?

It would be nice to try my hand at gas welding and a smoke torch always comes
in handy.

Any information would be appreciated.