RE: [oletrucks] Preload for front drums

To: "wayne osborne" <wayne@chevytrucks.org>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Preload for front drums
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:06:16 -0600
Sounds like my Dad's method of tightening bolts.  "Tighten until it breaks or
strips, then back off an eighth of a turn."

I don't know if the AD manual calls out the same procedure, but the GMC TF
manual calls for tightening the nut to 45-50 Ft/Lbs while rotating the hub,
then backing off 1 flat (1/6th of a turn) and continue backing off until one of
the cotter pin holes lines up.