Re: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2108

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2108
From: Dean Stoops <67gto@myvine.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:22:59 -0500
Harry,
I once owned a 1982 GMC with the 6.2. It had a 700R4 automatic
overdrive. I'm sure of that because GM had to R/B it. I did a lot of
research on this trans (over 200 design changes to improve reliability).
The 6.2 is NOT     based on the Oldsmobile engine (The earlier 5.7
diesel was). I honestly cannot remember what the bell-housing bolt
pattern is on the 6.2 but I think it uses S/B chevy motor mounts. I
agree with Randall that at least some of the 200-4R transmissions are a
dual bolt pattern ( I have one of those bolted behind a Pontiac engine
in a '67 GTO at the moment). I  believe GM may have used the 200-4R with
the 5.7 but not the 6.2. There's a good chance a 350 Chevy will bolt
right in....Just check the bellhousing bolt pattern for sure.
Hope this helps,
Dean