[oletrucks] 292 question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 292 question
From: "Dennis Larson" <DLLarson1@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 07:35:59 -0800
My father had a 292 in his 64 1/2 ton Chev.  Had a 3 on the tree, never knew
the rear end ratio but I would not expect great gas mileage.  Was a good
engine and didn't have any problems with it, ran over a hundred thousand miles
before rings and a valve job.  We had problems with the 3 spd linkage later
on, they would hang up as the linkage got worn. I think about 12 mpg was it.

 My 90 Ford 250 with 460 and 4 spd auto with 4.10's only gets 11mpg so guess
thats not bad.

Dennis