[oletrucks] AD parking brake spring

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] AD parking brake spring
From: "Mark Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:22:54 -0800
In setting up my parking brake, in my '55 1st 3100.  Does the spring for the
parking brake go from the tab on the parking brake rod (running under the cab)
to the hole in the crossmember right behind the cab close to the parking brake
cross shaft?  My spring seems way to short.  My shop manual and my factory
assembly manual don't show my set up.  I have  foot operated parking brake and
all they show are the hand activated parking brakes.  Is there a spring
extender, that I've lost?  My spring looks to be about 6 inches of coil with
about four inches of hook on each end.  It looks like the spring needs to
stretch about 12 inches.  That doesn't seem right.