[oletrucks] My Suburban broke!

Subject: [oletrucks] My Suburban broke!
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:25:59 -0800
Less than a mile from home, while driving to work this morning, suddenly I
heard a clatter under the hood.  The hood even jumped a little and then the
noise settled down.  This all happened very suddenly, and I thought maybe the
fan belt had let loose, or maybe the fan had exploded.

I pulled over to the side of the road, in the dark, and walked out front to
open the hood.  The primary latch was already released, and after releasing
the secondary latch the hood came up, and I see pieces laying on the latch
panel.  A spring and a cup washer.

I don't know what the piece that screws into the hood and enters the latch
should be called, but its now missing, and I need one...  Apparently it either
broke or unscrewed, and fell out.  This time of year its very difficult for me
to be near home during daylight, so it may be Saturday before I could even try
to find the one that fell out.  I don't expect to find it.

Does this thing have a proper name?  Anyone know where I can find one?  My
Suburban is a '55 1st series GMC.  Is it the same as a Chevrolet?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated!

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com