[oletrucks] water temp

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] water temp
From: "Tom C." <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 06:10:41 -0500
After driving 20 miles home from work yesterday, I checked the radiator
reservoir, and it was a little low. I took the radiator cap off, it sounded
like it spewed out but it was very little. It made more noise than water
spewing out. I was also able to stick my finger in the water and it was not
very hot. The water was warm but I could keep my finger in it. The temp
gauge was about an 1/8th of the way from the cold mark, not even to the 200
degree mark. It was very cool when I got home from work, around 38 degrees,
but I thought the water temp would have been a little higher. More and more
I am thinking thermostat. It looks like an easy change, then I will take it
and get it flushed. I did see the water circulating, but it didn't seem like
very much movement. Maybe because the water was so cool. I am use to seeing
the water in my 55 circulate, it moves along rather quickly compared to the
97. Have a nice day.
        Tom
        55 TF
        97 S-10