Re: [oletrucks] Windshield Washer Unit

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Windshield Washer Unit
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:11:04 -0600
In later years, GM integrated the washer pump with the wiper motor,
not real easy to use here.

I think F**ds still use independent washer motors, similar to the
one at the FLAPS.  It won't take much of a pump to pump from the
back of the cab to the windshield.

Don't know of any off hand that have an integrated reservoir and
pump, and if they did, it probably wouldn't fit where you want it.

Just about any kind of plastic bottle or jug that fits your space
can be used as a reservoir.  Just punch a hole in the cap and run
a suction hose into the bottle.  Make sure to vent the bottle.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt Iron, MN

At Thursday, 4 December 2003, you wrote:

>Does anyone out there have a windshield washer unit installed in their
>restomod? I'd like to install a windshield washer reservoir and
pump in
>the well behind the seat in my '53 Chevy 1/2 ton. The problem is that
>the reservoir/pump units you can buy at your local flaps look really
cheap
>and I don't think they could pump the fluid that far.  Ideally,
I'd like