Re: [oletrucks] Alternator selection

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Alternator selection
From: "BK" <4play@4m.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:05:22 -0600
One advantage of some larger alternators is they put out much more amperage at
low engine speeds. For a simple check of your needs, check the voltage at idle
with all accesories turned on.
 If you can maintain 12.5 or so at idle you are fine, if not you may want to
upgrade. If you do upgrade, make sure your wiring is up to the max amp rating
of the alternator.
BK