Re: [oletrucks] U-joint.

To: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] U-joint.
From: Bob Fischer <r.fischerjr@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:37:44 -0800
Hi Bill,
Like somebody already mentioned, get the measurements then head to the bone yard
to fined one the correct length. I went that route when I did our 49.
If you have the correct yoke for the rear of the tranny, and you know what size
joint
matches to the rear the guys at Napa have a book with U-joints listed by size
not
cars/years. I found what I needed for both ends. Most likely you will need an
uneven joint for the front, meaning a different size bearing for the yoke
portion than
the front of the shaft - Napa had em.

Happy holidays, & Good luck

>Happy Holidays everyone. Can someone out there in this great collective tell
>me the u-joint I will need when I hook up my 1955 1st rear end? I have my
>T-5 tranny and the rear end ready to go with the newly painted frame and
>mono-leaf springs. I never bothered to figure out what the u-joints will be
>for each end. I guess I assumed they both were 1310, but never confirmed
>that.
>Any one have some suggestions for a drive shaft. I either need to find one
>that will fit with the correct ends, or have one made.
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>Bill Schickling

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

  http://Bobsplayce.home.att.net   e-mail -->r.fischerjr@att.net