[oletrucks] Original Gages - Modern Drive Train

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Original Gages - Modern Drive Train
From: "thomasind" <thomasind@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 10:48:37 -0800
Have a chance to buy right a reconditioned set of stock 55 first gages for
my 55-1 that would be my gages of choice

To date have not confirmed / purchased future 350 / 700R type power train.
Have concern:     Will I have trouble using these preferred stock gages with
modern engine / trans - biggest issue maybe electronic speedometer
connection - understand adapter available " trans cable to electronic " is
there adoption available for " trans electronic to cable " & speedometer
gearing adjustment ??

Any information appreciated,
Jim
55 first 1/2 ton