[oletrucks] RE: oletrucks-digest V2 #2142

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: oletrucks-digest V2 #2142
From: "RANDALL WICKHAM" <rbwickham@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:41:21 -0500
You might want to take the time to measure the wheelbase of the truck as
well.  Make sure the axle centerlines are the same on both sides.  That's a
quick way to determine if the frame is somewhat square and that care was
taken in attaching the new subframe.  I've had a rear-steer Camaro/Nova sub
in my '51 half-ton for 15 years now and it works great and aligns just like
you would a '69 Camaro or Nova.  I hear the front steer subs have a better
design, but mine seems to work just fine, and I didn't have to mess with the
radiator support interfering with the steering box.

Randy Wickham

>Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:00:55 -0700
>From: bigfred@unm.edu
>Subject: [oletrucks] advice on purchasing a truck needed
>
>HI all,
>I'm looking at purchasing a '50 chevy 1/2 ton 3 window that has a
>camero front clip.
>What I'm curious about is what I should look for with a vehicle that
>has been modified like this. I already asked him about any alignment
>problems and he said he had the truck aligned and it gave him no
>problems.
>What other things should I be aware of?
>I'm looking for a new daily driver and I think this might be the one,
>however, I would love some opinions from the group regarding what
>things I should look for. The truck has p.s. p.b. 350/350. All the
>things that I would like for a daily driver.
>The guy was asking $4500 but has since lowered his price to $3500
>because he believes there is a short in the wiring (the truck includes
>a new american auto wire kit).
>All insite is helpful.
>Thanks
>- -alfie
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:08:55 -0600
>From: "Jim (Deacon) and Karen Magill" <dnkmagill@wtxs.net>
>Subject: Re: [oletrucks] advice on purchasing a truck needed
>
>   I would look for unusual wear on the front tires. Pay very close
>attention to
>the welding on the clip. Find out who did the welding and check them out.
>Drive
>it and check response to turning and steering. I would go by alignment shop
>and
>get their opinion. There are probably many more things but this is what I
>came
>up with.
>    Him dropping the price 1000 dollars would be a red flag to me.   Deacon

Expand your wine savvy  and get some great new recipes  at MSN Wine.
http://wine.msn.com