Re: [oletrucks] I.F.S.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] I.F.S.
From: Joseph Brancheck <jbrancheck@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 17:45:25 -0800 (PST)
I don't know what the volvo tranny would cost...I bet
it's not cheap.  There is another option.  In the
early 70's Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth had the A-833
tranny, an aluminum 3 speed with overdrive.  I found
mine in an mid 70's Dodge truck with 6 Cylinder (not
in the truck yet).  Gear ratios are as follows:
1st  -  3.09
2nd  -  1.67
3rd  -  1.00
4th  -   .73

With very minor modifications, it will bolt to your
old 4 speed bellhousing.  Had to change front bearing
retainer and bore out bolt holes to 1/2 inch.  The
shifter is not in the bench seat either, but it's
really close.  There was an article in Custom Classic
Trucks Magazine in 2001 (Think it was February, but
don't quote me on that).  Can't find the article right
now.