Re: [oletrucks] I.F.S.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] I.F.S.
From: "Steve Andereggen Jr." <chevy3100@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 18:33:45 -0800
Hello.....I've done this conversion and wrote an artical on the suspension
swap.  go to http://www.chevytrucks.org/tech/50ifsswap.htm for the article.
As for the 235 engine, I'm perty sure that it would fit with no problems but
not a 100% sure.  If you go to the junk yard for the suspension you will
want a 1969 or newer suspension with power steering.  Usually they will just
cut the whole front frame section off instead of unbolting everything.  Make
sure that uou get the power steering box, power steering pump and the
steering column if so desired.  I'm sure that you can get everything for
about $200 to $300 at a wrecking yard.  If you plan to use the 235 engine
you may want to find yourself a generator with the power steering pump
attached at the rear.  This will save you from scratch building your own.  I
don't know of anyone who makes an aftermarket adaptor yet.  As for the front
end rebuild kit, the polygraphite kit is much stronger and longer lasting
than the stock rubber kits.  In either case you are looking at spending $300
to $500 for a total front end rebuild kit.  As for the wheel bolt pattern
goes if you plan to use the more common car 5 on 4 3/4" bolt circle then you
need a disc brake conversion kit.  If you plan to use the truck disc brakes
they are 5 on 5" bolt circle.  If you have any more questions, feel free to
e-mail me.

Steve Jr.
1951 Chevrolet 3100
1959 Chevrolet 3200 Fleetside (FOR SALE)