[oletrucks] Water Pump Adapter Plate

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Water Pump Adapter Plate
From: Joseph Brancheck <jbrancheck@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 20:50:09 -0800 (PST)
   I"m puting a 1958 261 in place of my 1952 216.  I
have a couple parts that I am concerned about changing
over.  1st is the water pump.  Has anybody had any
experience with the following water pump Adapter
Plate?  I just cut the below description out of the
catalog:

When placing a 1955-62 in-line six cylinder in a 1954
and older truck some do not want a modified short
shaft low water pump. If you prefer the high position
216 water pump in the stock location, this adapter
plate is for you.

Note: Requires drilling two 5/16" diameter holes in
front engine block 3/4" deep and then tap threads.

  I know there are modified water pumps out there, but
I think there are 2 problems.  1) it doesn't put the
fan center of the radiator and 2) if it goes out on
the road, your not going to get one from just any
NAPA.

   I am also wondering about the harmonic balancers.
The 261 balancer has the thin belt pully.  It appears
to be part of the balancer and can't be changed.  I
want to keep the wide belt.  My generator and water
pump are the wide pully.  If the above adapter plate
works as advertised, can I just bolt on the 216
balancer.  The 216 balancer has the grooves fhe hand
crank and looks quite a bit different.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html