Re: [oletrucks] Water Pump Adapter Plate

To: jbrancheck@yahoo.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Water Pump Adapter Plate
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:20:49 EST
In a message dated 2/9/2004 11:04:03 PM Central Standard Time,
jbrancheck@yahoo.com writes:
I am also wondering about the harmonic balancers.
The 261 balancer has the thin belt pully.  It appears
to be part of the balancer and can't be changed.  I
want to keep the wide belt.  My generator and water
pump are the wide pully.  If the above adapter plate
works as advertised, can I just bolt on the 216
balancer.  The 216 balancer has the grooves fhe hand
crank and looks quite a bit different.

I used my old 216 harmonic balancer on the '54 model 235 I put in my '48
3100.  I also wanted to keep the wide belt and accessories.  It works fine and
has
for several years now.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window