[oletrucks] 1956 1/2 ton

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 1956 1/2 ton
From: Chevytruckguy001@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:24:23 EST
I'm getting ready to paint this restoration to original factory specs.

For the exterior, is "Ocean Green" the creamy green that was available for
1955, 56 and 57?  I don't want the dark green, probably "Forest Green" and I
don't want turquoise!  I have photos from a book of a nice restoration but no
credits or info to find out the color.

I think the interior is "Bombay Ivory" - sort of off-white or grayish white.
The other color that year was "Arabian Ivory" but I think that was the
yellowish white used for bumpers and grille.

Can anyone confirm?

The dashboard (top) is flat black  --  correct?

Bombay Ivory (or whatever) is used throughout the interior, face of dash,
kick-panels, doors, roof, etc.  What color is the floor and steering column?
Gas
tank?  I think dark gray, making 3 colors on the inside.  What color is the
radio speaker box - black or gray to match interior?

What color is the top of the running board - dark gray or green?

What color are the door edges  --  green to match the exterior or Ivory to
match the interior?  The door panel wraps around the door edge.

What color is the door-latch side of the cab - interior color or exterior
color?

Were the wheels painted to match the exterior color?

I've seen lots and lots of trucks and it looks like anything goes, but I'd
like to know what came from the factory in 1956.  Lots of photos show either
interior or exterior shots and leave me guessing!

How can I be sure if "Ocean Green" is the green I'm looking for?

The truck will be restored to factory specs -  except for the oak bed wood
and stainless strips instead of pine wood and painted strips.  Any discussion
of
that?

Do I paint the bed bolts attaching the rear fenders but leave the door panel
screws shiny stainless?

Thanks for your help!

Mike/Ohio
1956 Chevy 1/2 ton stepside