[oletrucks] 235 Engine Compression

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 Engine Compression
From: Pattie1tom@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:22:06 -0500
Hello all..
Just joined the site and teh list.  I look forward to learning all I can. I
recently purchased a 56 Chevy truck, all original. (has floor start and oil
bath filter) Nothing on it has been changed or modified. Bought it from the
original owner.  Anyways, it needs a lot of body work, so i finally got it
stripped down to the frame and my backyard has become a mess with parts in
bags, in buckets and body parts stored all over waiting to there trip to the
garage for repair.  My question is this...i checked engine compression this
weekend. I have 30 lbs in each of the cyclinders.  Is this appropriate or
should there be more.  I would not like to take apart the engine if i dont need
to. The goal is to ge the body fixed and back together and just drive it then
decide on the engine later. but since the ngine is out of the truck what the
heck mind as well tackle that too.  Look forward to eharing from you experts
out there. And i am sure i will be posting more questions.
Regards,
Tom Forcier