[oletrucks] Springs and bulbs

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Springs and bulbs
From: "Cecil \"Steve\" Martin" <chevl_69@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:18:23 -0500
Where can you buy the LED bulbs?

Most Hot Rod shops, auto swap meets and even E-bay sellers have them for
sale.

Are the led lights a direct replacement for the 1157?

Yes, they make them that "plug" into the same socket the same way. There are
also some customized ones for special applications that fill up the lens
more. Of course you pay more :)  I have seen the 1157 replacement ones as
cheap as $7 I think at a swap meet.

I asked members if they knew of anyone who sold a tool for streching the
hoodsprings to get them on.

I used a long and strong screw driver. I put the screw driver tip through
the hook on the end of the spring, slide it down as far as necessary to get
the tip of the screw driver on the hinge, then pried up stretching the
spring until the spring end went onto the hinge. Not perfect, but works.

                                                     Steve