[oletrucks] Transmission change

To: "Old-Chevy-Truck Mailist" <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Transmission change
From: "Joe Stonecypher" <joe@stonecypher.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:50:45 -0800
I have a 57 chev 1/2 ton pickup with original V8 and original hydramatic
transmission. The transmission is on its last legs and I don't want to try
and rebuild it. The engine is newly rebuilt and has front motor mounts only.

I would like to install a newer transmission, either manual or automatic,
without changing  the engine,  motor mounts or cross member. Currently the
rear cross member is the rear engine/transmission support and there is no
rear transmission mount.

What options are there to upgrade the transmission without changing
everything?

Thanks

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]