Re: [oletrucks] Transmission change

To: "Joe Stonecypher" <joe@stonecypher.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Transmission change
From: "K. M. Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:33:37 -0800
The '55, '56, '57' Powerglide mounted to the bellhousing crossmember like
your Hydro. If you use any late auto's you remove the bell crossmember and
add a rear trans mount, either aftermarket or from an AD Hydro crossmember,
which by the way fits a Turbo 350 or 400 perfect. If you go this route you
need to change the front eng mount to bolt on plate mount for eng stability.
As for the manual, install a '55 thru '68 truck bellhousing with mounts.
this bell and is compatible with your crossmember and almost any '55 and
later 3 or 4 speed car or truck trans will bolt up, and you don't need a
rear trans crossmember.
Lee