[oletrucks] 8 inch wheels

To: Oletrucks Mail List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 8 inch wheels
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 15:38:54 -0800 (PST)
Since I aquired a 3.08 posi rear end for my truck to
replace the 2.56 that is under it, it is time to
switch to the 15 inch rims I have. I have  two chrome
reverse rims for the rear axle,they are 8 inches wide.
The other rims I have are 7 inches wide. I understand
that I may end up running two different tire sizes. I
really want the chrome reverse rims on the truck, If
they look the way I think they will, I will go get two
more for the front.

I don't want wide tires on the front, that makes
vehichles handle funny. Wide tires all the way around
looks great, but I want the truck to handle at 70 mph.
Can someone tell me what size tires I need for these 8
inch wide rims.

My choice would be 215/75R-15, that puts the RPM at
2500 at 70. If I switch to 215/65R-15 tires, the RPM
climbs to 2785. I would get great acceleration, but
not the road mileage I want. A 700R transmission with
a 3.77 would be a nice option, but thats not going to
happen anytime soon.

=====
Jim Nordwall

 http://bluetruck.home.mchsi.com