Re: [oletrucks] Front end protector

To: "Larry Winters" <lwin517@frontiernet.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Front end protector
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:21:58 -0500
At 08:30 PM 3/17/04 -0500, Larry Winters wrote:
>Does anyone make a front end bra for AD trucks ?

Joe Garcia has one on his 50, it can be seen at
http://www.50chevy.freeservers.com/intro.htm

As mentioned by others, they can be quiet abrasive on your paint. The
underside of most are just the fabric backing that isn't smooth at all.
Imagine going down the road at 70 and having this flapping and beating
against your paint. Of course if they are tied down securely you'll
minimize this. I had one of a Mazda RX7 for a few years and was totally
surprised when I went to remove it. The damage to the paint was so bad, I
purchases a new one to cover it. They trap moisture as well, of course this
was long term use and one used very sparingly would cause this, but i'd
hate to take the chance with nice purty paint..   --wayne