RE: [oletrucks] Front end protector

To: "wayne osborne" <wayne@chevytrucks.org>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Front end protector
From: "Thomas, Robert E." <RThomas@ButteCounty.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:24:25 -0800
Ladies & Gents of the List:

While there are significant down sides to having a bra on one's vehicle,
there are also significant up-sides.  If left on, it will trap moisture
and cause the paint to become milky.  If not tight, it will sand the
finish.

On the other hand, if it is put on over a well-waxed finish, and taken
off when in the rain, etc, it will prevent stone chipping, bug
spattering and other environmental hazards.

Joe's truck is in Southern California.  And, for those who remember the
Eagles' song from the 60's, "It never Rains in California."

It is so easy to be negative, but having owned cars with & without a
bra, when I finish my truck, it will have one.  I am willing to put up
with the hassle of taking it on and off.  I am not willing to hassle a
new paint job every couple of years.

My $.02.

RT