[oletrucks] 265 Vibration

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 265 Vibration
From: McGillis@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:54:41 EDT
My 1955 265 Chevy V8 has a strong vibration at 1200 rpm that happens with the
clutch in or out, engine hot or cold, stopped or driving in any gear or any
load.  I have owned it four years and 4,000 miles.  The vibration has been
there the whole time.

I installed a new clutch disk, pressure plate, pilot bearing, throwout
bearing and surfaced the flywheel.  It made no difference.

I removed the fan belt to eliminate fan, water pump and generator. That too
made no difference.

Checking the timing with a light, it is rock steady.  The harmonic damper
seems tight.  Both mechanical and vacuum advance seem to be working as they
should.  Compression is within spec on all holes with less than 10 psi
variation.
The plugs are all the same light tan color.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

      Dennis McGillis
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America