[oletrucks] big block swap (was: pertronix)

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] big block swap (was: pertronix)
From: J Forbes <jforb@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 07:31:12 -0700
> Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 00:58:27 -0700
> From: mark <ccpanel@jps.net>
> Subject: [oletrucks] pertronix

> also-progressing on my BBC install into my TF camper. its gonna be fun. i
> found out its a stock 70' crate 402 with 67 vette 101cc heads for a combo
> factory rated to make 375hp+
> the only hitch-i either have to hammer the firewall for valve cover
> clearance or cut/notch a section of the firewall. ideas?
> mark

I've *never* had to damage the firewall to put a big block
in a TF truck....but I used stock stamped steel valve
covers.  Even with the engine all the way back bolted to a
stock V8 bellhousing, the stock big block valve covers don't
interfere enough to have to do any hammering or hacking.

Maybe you ought to take another look at it, perhaps you have
the engine too far back, or you're trying to use some valve
covers that you shouldnt' be using.  There are chrome
reproduction valve covers available that are just like the
stockers only prettier.  You don't even need to use the
special Vette covers, the normal ones that come on crate
engines and in cars and trucks will fit.

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum at it's new home!
http://www.selectric.org