Re: [oletrucks] Front end

To: "garrett hestla" <garretthes@comcast.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Front end
From: "The Botelers" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:48:19 -0400
Tell us more about what you have...is it stock with Bias tires?  Did you
experience "bump steer" or what?  Will you be doing your own work or sending
it out?

If the front end has never been worked on you should expect to replace or do
the following:
King Pins
Spring Shackle Bushings & Pins.
Drag Link & Tie Rod Ends.
Adjust or rebuild the steering box.
Put good Bias or Radial Tires on and have them balanced.
Have the Front End Aligned.

Your truck should already have the factory sway bar, it was standard on Subs
and Panels.

My Tow Truck was all over the road until I swapped the very old Bias tires
for Radials...made it 100 times better.

I can't help with the cost...to many variables.

Good Luck!

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake