[oletrucks] hydramatic tranny

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] hydramatic tranny
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:51:53 -0400
Received this from a guy and wonder if any body on the list knew the answer..

Hi I have a 1952 (248 ) gmc motor I just rebuilt wanted to install it in a
1955 gmc 1/2 ton with hydramatic. The 55 hydramatic flexplate/presureplate
bolts to crankshaft with 6 bolts- the 1952 (248) has 4 bolt crank for
pressure plate/flexplate.
Did the early civilian hydramatics have the 4 bolt crank ? or early
military hydramatic have the 4 bolt -or is a manual shift the only trans.
that use the 4 bolt crankshaft?
  --wayne

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org