Re: [oletrucks] is there a site for newer chevy trucks (in the

To: Tezzme2@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] is there a site for newer chevy trucks (in the
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:48:16 -0400
Steve,
    I do know that my 98 silverado will not let the tranny shift from park
unless the brake pedal is pushed in. So very probable the two are
related--as it appears to be a safety interlock so the tranny can't be put
in gear without the brakes being applied. I know this but don't know where
the problem may lie.
They must be a pressure switch that gives the 'puter the brake is applied
signal to allow the shift, but don't have a clue where it may be or the
specifics.
Not much help I know...
--wayne