[oletrucks] gas tank relocation

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] gas tank relocation
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:37:29 +0000
I am in the market for a frame mounted gas tank for my 58 Apache. I plan to
put a lot of miles on it and would preffer a big tank. A 17 gal tank fits
inside the frame rails and xmembers, a 21 gal tank requires the xmember to
be moved back. I'm still using leaf springs in back, this xmember is located
at and reinforces the rear spring hangers. This will be a grocery & luggage
hauler only, no loads. Anyone out there who has moved the xmember and can
give me some feed back, I would appreciate it.
I'm looking at a tank offered by No Limit Engineering with an in tank fuel
pump for an EFI motor. With pump, stock gauge sending unit & freight, I'm
looking at almost $800. Is there a better deal out there for a similar tank?

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
59 3800 Panel 4sale
http://bulldogaquaticclub.com/dloads/pu/truck.htm