RE: [oletrucks] Off Topic (Somewhat) - Clipping a 47 Chevy Car

To: "'Bill Bailey'" <bill@oletruck.com>, Trucks
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Off Topic (Somewhat) - Clipping a 47 Chevy Car
From: "SCH (OldSub)" <Steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:15:00 -0700
Let me get it right back on topic...

In researching a front clip for my '54 Chevy 3100 I've found an article that
describes the entire process on a '47 Oldsmobile (very similar to the
Chevy).  I first found it partially reprinted in a book called the Hot Rod
Bible.

It appears to have been published in Rodder's Digest some time ago.  I've
seen the articles, though I don't know what issue they were in, and don't
have a copy, so I'm not much help there...  In the magazine articles they
dealt with mounting the fenders and radiator, so if you can determine which
they are, and then find them, you might have your answers there.

I'm planning to clip my '54.  I've looked high and low for information about
how others have done it.  The response I get most often from others is that
Mustang II is the right way, and clipping is the wrong way.

I'm going to do it my way.