RE: [oletrucks] Off Topic (Somewhat) - Clipping a 47 Chevy Car

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Off Topic (Somewhat) - Clipping a 47 Chevy Car
From: "Bill Bailey" <bill@oletruck.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 02:22:40 -0400
>>> In the magazine articles they
>>> dealt with mounting the fenders and radiator, so if you can determine
>>> which they are, and then find them, you might have your answers there.

thanks Steve, I will mention it to him. I haven't seen what he's actually
talking about so I'm having a little trouble getting in my head exactly what
his problem is.

>>> I'm planning to clip my '54.  I've looked high and low for information
>>> about how others have done it.  The response I get most often from others
>>> is that Mustang II is the right way, and clipping is the wrong way.

>>>I'm going to do it my way.

He specifically doesn't want to use the Mustang II because he heard some bad
things in regard to a unit breaking on the factory welds several years ago.
I seem to recall seeing something about it on a messageboard somewhere
myself but never heard the resolution of the incident. My 57 is clipped with
a 75 or 76 Nova clip and have never had any trouble with it.