Re: [oletrucks] 6 lug wheel adapters

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 6 lug wheel adapters
From: J Forbes <jforb@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 08:22:27 -0700
> Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 10:01:11 EDT
> From: CarrierEsq@aol.com
> Subject: [oletrucks] 6 lug wheel adapters
>
> Hope someone can help....  My 1956 P'up has the 6 lug wheels (5 1/2") and I
> was wondering where is the best (cheapest) place to get some adapters to
> convert it ti a GM 5 lug.  I found some rims for cheap, but they are 5 lugs.

You really do NOT want to use adapters like that...they're
just too much chance of something going wrong and a wheel
falling off.  Even J C Whitney doesn't sell them any more,
and they'll sell just about any kind of automotive junk.

You can swap 52-54 front car hubs onto the truck easily, and
you can put in a different rearend such as from a 70s
vintage Camaro or Nova relatively easily.  But it's more
trouble and expense than just selling the 5 lug wheels you
got and buying 6 lug wheels.

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum at it's new home!
http://www.selectric.org