[oletrucks] power steer

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com (old chevy trucks),
Subject: [oletrucks] power steer
From: zigga50@att.net
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 21:06:57 +0000
 I am going to buy a power steering conversion kit for my 50 chevy 1/2 ton
truck and ran into a delema one company (classic performance products) says
that i will need a reversed pitman arm since I am lowering my truck 3 inches
but chevy duty says i wont that I can just use the standard 4 inch pitman arm
Has anyone done this conversion with a lowered truck and these companies? Would
chevy duties kit work with a lowered truck and a standard pitman arm? Also
chevy dutys kit uses a 73-78 chev truck 2wd box and bolts on, while classic
performance products uses a 69-87 chev truck 2wd box but welds on (welding wont
be a problem) but maybe since chevy duties kit is a little different it would
work?
     Also is the newer heavier duty style tie rod ends worth the money? has
anyone done this?what else would i need for this?