[oletrucks] Transmission input please

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Transmission input please
From: ME1STKING@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:38:51 EDT
Has anyone had a standard four {56ish} that sticks in third [otherwise it is
aok].  I have inspected it with manual in hand for several hours and but for
one seriously rounded tooth on the brass synchro plate, found almost no visible
wear. And should it come to this; is it possible to take apart without a
press. Neighbor Vern [206 789 5114], who has a garage full of "50s parts, and
in
30 years of trucks hasn't seen this idiosyncrasy, suggested just cleaning every
part like he and his wife did, and put it back together for a quieter
smoother transmission. [they painted the whole truck on their anniversary]. The
one
thing I have done is play with the clutch to no avail.  It has been sitting for
an undeterminable time, but at least 5 years. Thanks, Blahblahblah.