Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck door problems

To: "mark treutelaar" <phoneman@ticon.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck door problems
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:09:22 -0400
At 07:15 AM 5/19/04 -0500, mark treutelaar wrote:
>Can any one help me or give me some ideas on
>how to line up the body or doors better

Mark,
   I have scanned in pages from a vendor catalog that shows the door
alignment procedures. Since this is probably copyrighted material I have
not posted it publicly on the chevytrucks.org server. However have shared
it with the list on a couple occasions so here they are again... The files
are 150K apiece and broken down into 3 pages..  It also speaks of striker
alignment as well..  Alan Harvath did a great write up on door
latch/striker adjustment, its on the tech section but here's the direct
link  http://www.alanhorvath.com/54chevy/doorlatch.php
  Hope somewhere along the line--it helps..  --wayne

http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/door_alignment.jpg
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/door_alignment1.jpg
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/door_alignment2.jpg