[oletrucks] A question and a plea for help.

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] A question and a plea for help.
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 16:33:40 -0400
First the question.

Have any of you switched from the ball & socket type tie rod end to the
modern equivalent for your tie rods? Do you have to ream out the steering
arms to accept the new tapered shaft on the tie rods?

Second the plea.

Does anyone have a set of manifold clamps they are willing to part with? The
ones that hold the intake and exhaust manifolds together on the head of a
235. Mine are just too pitted and nasty to deal with. They seem so brittle,
I am afraid to use them. I have looked through all the vendors. If someone
knows a vendor that supplies them, I am willing to buy new as well.

Thanks,

Bill Schickling