RE: [oletrucks] A question and a plea for help.

To: "'Oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] A question and a plea for help.
From: "Paul Frew" <paul.frew@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:07:53 -0400
I am in the process.  I first tried to drill out the piece on the end of the
ball that holds it to the arm just like you would a rivet.  However, there
is a significant amount of metal peened at the end to hold it in the arm and
I could not (at first) press it out.  I eventually used a very small
grinding wheel in a dremel tool to remove the metal and it came out
(relatively) easily.  The trick is to remove only the metal from the pin of
the ball and not the metal of the arm attached to the spindle.
Paul