Re: [oletrucks] Spring needed for 55 2nd series truck

To: phoneman@ticon.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spring needed for 55 2nd series truck
From: Cadamsarch@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:16:50 EDT
Hello Ole Truckers,

To find a spring, I would try:
       McMaster-Carr Supply Company
       Tel:  (732) 329-3200
       http://www.mcmaster.com/

When one of our vendors (of whom I generally think highly) sent a Chevy AD
accelerator spring that was out of the ball park compared to their catalog
illustration and what was on my truck, I figured there must be someone in the
spring business with a reasonable selection. McMaster-Carr seems to be that
someone. Browsing their catalog is like getting lost in an old time hardware
store.
Here are some of their product group headings:

Pipe, Tubing, Hose and Fittings
Pumping, Vibrating and Filtering
Process Control and Instrumentation
Heating, Air Conditioning and Ventilating
Lighting and Electrical
Power Transmission
Material Handling
Storage
Protective Clothing and Equipment Communication and Office Supplies
Plumbing and Janitorial
Machinery Maintenance
Measuring, Leveling and Inspecting
Fabricating, Cutting and Sawing