Re: [oletrucks] throttle pull knob

To: "wayne osborne" <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] throttle pull knob
From: "PPM SASKATCHEWAN LIMITED" <ppm@accesscomm.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 01:13:11 -0600
During the war years, the 40's, my father being an a succesfull business
guy, a shoemaker with only a basic education that enabeled him to scribble
his name and that was about it, got the contract to repair all the army
boots in our province of Saskatchewan, he and a helper dragged this long
15'long machine,  called a finishing machine that was used to sand the edges
off the new soles and heels, it had a long 1 1/2" shaft that was some how
hooked to a pulley and then a big belt and then to a rim less the tire on
his jacked up GMC to power the thing, after the war years he had a shop and
had the contract to block and repair all the R.C.M.P. Boots in Saskatchewan.
I am sure he used a throttle pull knob as well  I know that gas was
rationed, but he got special coupons for fuel. Just a bit of
memories.........d.