Re: [oletrucks] 55 engine colors

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 engine colors
From: The Botelers <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:31:28 -0400
Hey Mark,

If you are doing a "correct" restoration the entire engine would be painted
the same color "Blue Flame" Blue.  After the machine shop assembled the
engine at the factory it was sent to the paint shop were they painted
everything including bell housing and manifolds.  Then the bolt on
accessories like the carb, starter, generator, distributor etc. were
installed.

Check with the Filling Station or Chevy Duty for the correct paint.

If you are not building a "points" truck just paint the exhaust manifold
with something like Eastwood's Cast Iron Hi-Heat.

Good luck!

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake