[oletrucks] 57 Steering Adjustment

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 57 Steering Adjustment
From: Marvint1957@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:11:44 EDT
Hello group,

I have a rebuilt stock steering box on my 57 Truck.  The problem is the
amount of play in the steering wheel makes it more of a thrill ride keeping it
straight on the highway.  Currently I have about 1/4 to 1/3 steering slop.  Can
you point me in the direction for the proper adjustments?  Is it the side nut
or
the large one on the bottom of the steering box?

Is anyone on the list attending the All GM show this weekend in Carlisle, PA?
 I would like to meet you.  I will be driving my Turquoise 57 Truck.

Marvin Thomas
1957 Stepside