Re: [oletrucks] 57 Steering Adjustment

To: Marvint1957@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 57 Steering Adjustment
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:40:07 -0400
Hi Marvin,
    Strange seeing you on this side of the fence, didn't know you belonged
to the list...  I have a tech article at
http://www.chevytrucks.org/tech/steering_box_adjust.htm
with instructions on the adjustments provided by Jim Forbes..  It may help
some although don't expect this to remove all your play. I rebuilt my
steering box and didn't gain much at all to be honest. I found most of my
steering play in the drag link, i had the wife turn the steering wheel
back/forth while I watched all the components. I quickly saw that although
she was turning the steering wheel, the tires wasn't even thinking of
moving. I could see the flex in the ends of the drag link, I replaced and
still have some play but much better...
--wayne