Re: [oletrucks] engine "stand" for more of the drivetrain

To: mark@noakes.com, napco4x4@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine "stand" for more of the drivetrain
From: Cadamsarch@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:55:02 EDT
Hello OleTruckers,

The best engine dolly I've seen is on page 17 of Patrick's 2003-2004 catalog
for 1937 to 1962 6 cylinder Chevy/GMC parts. (Phone: 520-836-1117). I don't
believe Patrick's is offering the dolly for sale. The features I like are: 4
steel posts which could be modified to attach to engine mounts or whatever,
independent adjustment of posts sideways as well as fore and aft, and heavy
duty
casters which can be locked.

Something like it, but not as adjustable, is offered by Wizard Auto. (At:
http://home.att.net/~wizardauto/wate.htm  ) They also offer an attachment to
support an engine mounted transmission. (I don't know anything about this
company other than what I found on their www site as a result of a search for
engine
stands some time ago.)

Hope this helps keep your oletruck running and makes engine work easier than
hunkering on hands and knees in the rain to wrench on an engine that's laying
on 4x4s in the driveway. (Ah, the memories.)

Regards,

Culver Adams
1951 Chevy 3100

---