[oletrucks] Windshield install

To: 60schevy@topica.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Windshield install
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:40:56 EDT
  First, thanks to all who provided advice on windshield sealing and install
on my '65 C-10.  I waited until my son-in-law came to visit last week.  He
also helped with the glass in my '48 a few years ago.  Just thought I'd report,
it was a real task!  It took the two of us, my daughter and wife pushing
pulling, lifting, cursing, etc for over three hours to get it in.  Started with
the
cord at the bottom, would not go due to the "lip" or "eyebrow" over the
windshield.  Tried with the cord starting at the side; no go either.  Finally,
tried
starting with cord at the top center.  It worked with the previously
mentioned extreme effort.
  That was Monday.  Tuesday morning at 6 AM, the worst thunderstorm of the
year dumped over an inch of rain in an hour with howling winds and small hail.
I guess it is installed correctly since there was no water anywhere in the
truck.  Anyway, thanks again for the advice.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside
Wichita Falls, TX