[oletrucks] Finally getting some work done.

To: mark@noakes.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Finally getting some work done.
From: "Brian _" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:26:09 -0700
Well, Ive got 4 weeks now with no job before school starts up again for the
Fall semester. Ive decided to take advantage of the time, as well as spend a
little bit of the money Ive saved up over the years and get some work on the
ole truck done.

Gone are my plans for an ultra modern hot rod. Instead Im going the more
vintage route. The truck is mostly original (with exception of the
engine/tranny and rear-end) and unmolested, and I just dont have to heart to
molest it myself. No more plans for power steering, or A/C or power windows
or even anything more than my original (and working) AM radio. Im still
painting it the stock sea foam color, eventually, and some 16" ralleys with
wide white wall radials will set it off nicely I think.

I started the project yesterday by getting the transmission out, exhaust
off, and front end up in the air. I plan on scraping and sandblasting the
frame today, and on will go my frame treatments and chassis black paint from
Eastwood. I just need new motor mounts, a floor pan patch pannel from
Brothers........

Well, just thought Id share a little bit of my enthusiaum. Im pretty excited
about finally getting to work on the truck now, after two years of it
sitting outside. With school, I dont have a lot of time for it anymore, so
these next four weeks are greatly appreciated.

I have taken some new pictures, but dont have them uploaded yet.

Here are a couple I do have.
This one is the truck, before I took it apart, but showing where the poor
thing has been parked for 2 years.
http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v99/Mopar00Neon/The%20truck/truck.jpg

And, this is a large photo of my 350 thats eventually going to find its home
between my framerails.
http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v99/Mopar00Neon/The%20truck/engine.jpg

Thanks for listening guys!

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE